Last Updated: July 18, 2011
A special note about minors
The Site is not available to minors below the legal age of thirteen and DealOn does not knowingly collect Personal Information from such minors. The Site may only be used by minors between the age of thirteen and eighteen with parental or guardian consent.
Personal Information DealOn Collects
- When you sign up to receive emails for Advertiser Deals available through the Site (each, a "Deal").
- When you set up an account at the Site.
- When you make a purchase at the Site, we collect Personal Information required to complete the transaction.
- When you refer a friend to the Site or share a Deal via email, we collect your friend’s email address.
- When you ask us a question, we collect your email address or other contact information you choose to provide.
- When you choose to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotions.
- When you choose to provide Personal Information in response to a request or opt-in opportunity.
- When you contact us for more information on using the Site to promote your business through Deals and other advertising opportunities.
How DealOn uses your Personal Information
- To send you Deals.
- To process your purchases and other transactions you request.
- To provide updates or other information on your Deals and purchases.
- To email you with information and updates about the Site and your Site account.
- To identify you within refer a friend and other forwarded emails.
- To respond to questions and comments.
- To generally provide you the features and functionality of the Site.
- To improve, enhance and tailor the Site for you, and to improve and enhance the overall Site experience for all Site users.
To whom DealOn discloses your Personal Information
- Provision of Services: We disclose your Personal Information to third parties where necessary to provide the Site to you.
- At Your Request: We disclose your Personal Information to a third party whenever you request us to do so.
- Partners: We disclose your name, email address, city, the Deal you purchased, and the price you paid for the Deal to our partners to enable them to measure the effectiveness of our marketing. In addition, our Partners may collect certain non-personally identifiable information, as well. See below.
- Advertisers: In connection with Deals you participate in, we disclose your Personal Information to Advertisers to complete the purchase and for validation purposes. These Advertisers are contractually restricted from using Personal Information for any other purpose.
- Business transfers: If a third party acquires all or substantially all of DealOn's assets, your Personal Information, aggregated information, and any other information that we have collected in connection with DealOn may be transferred to such third party as part of our business assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered one of our assets and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Service Providers: We use third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, such as processing, storing, maintaining and transmitting data, processing and fulfilling email and other promotional campaigns, and providing marketing assistance, web analytics and data analysis. We may provide your Personal Information to these third-party service providers when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. These third-party service providers are contractually restricted from using Personal Information for any other purpose and required to comply with all applicable laws with respect to the Personal Information they receive.
- Legal Process: We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party, including, without limitation, a government agency, if required by law, order or other legal process.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Notes regarding sharing and refer a friend emails
DealOn reserves the right to process any email address you provide for a refer a friend email or Deals sharing against an applicable unsubscribe list.
Note regarding Facebook Connect
You may chose to login to the Site using your Facebook login information. By doing this, you are disclosing to us your Facebook login information. However, we only use that data for the purposes of facilitating connection to DealOn through Facebook.
Automatically Collected non-Personal Information
When you are at the Site, we also may collect certain standard information from your browser and personal computer that websites often collect, such as your IP address, your browser information (including browser type, capabilities and language), your operating system and the date and time you accessed the Site. We also capture the country from which the visit came and the paths taken as you move from one website or webpage to another website or webpage (i.e., your "click stream" activity). We may use certain or all of this information to identify you in future visits to the Site. We may group some or all of this information into aggregate data in order to describe the participation in the Site by our users to our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, advertisers or other third parties, or in response to a government request. We may also group demographic information that we collect from Site users into aggregate data for the same purposes. We reserve the right to use and share any such non-Personal Information with third parties for any lawful purpose. Our partners may collect similar such information.
If you prefer, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie and privacy preferences. However, if you reject cookies, your participation in Site may be materially impaired or may altogether preclude your participation in the Site.
A Web beacon is an electronic image, also called a single-pixel or clear GIF, placed in the code of a webpage or in emails. The Site uses Web beacons to track traffic patterns of users as they navigate from one page to another. This information lets us tune and improve our users' browsing experience. The information that Web beacons collect is aggregated, anonymous "click stream" data, and is not associated with you as an individual.
We also use Web beacons through a third party website analytics provider, as well as standard Web server log files, to help us count visitors and evaluate the Site's technical capacity. This information tells us how many people visit the Site, and helps us decide how to arrange pages in the most user-friendly way. This also helps us keep the Site browser-friendly and more useful to our users. We record information on Site traffic, but not on individual visitors to the Site, so no Personal Information about you will be kept or used. We may also elect to implement certain technology that will provide us with information regarding visits to the Site, such as Google Analytics. All such information is anonymous. Our partners may collect similar anonymous information.
Information posted to any forums, chats or blogs
If you chose to participate in a forum, a blog, a chat room or otherwise use a social networking feature Dealed directly by the Site, you should be aware that any Personal Information or other information you post can be read, collected or used by other users of that social networking feature, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages or used in an otherwise unauthorized manner. We cannot be responsible for any Personal Information you choose to disclose through those means, and we recommend careful consideration before you post such information.
Sweepstakes, contests, games, and surveys
From time to time, DealOn may conduct sweepstakes, contests, games or other promotions, and also conduct surveys through the Site. If you choose to participate—unless otherwise noted in the applicable rules, terms and conditions, or disclaimers—we may use the information you provide in connection with the administration of the applicable promotion, including for selection and notification of sweepstakes or contest winners and for creation of new promotions, and/or to publish survey results or other information in aggregate on the Site. Except where necessary to administer a sweepstakes, contest, game or other promotion, or survey, unless you have otherwise agreed or unless required by law, we will not share or publish any response you give connected to your name or address. We will hold these responses only as anonymous statistics.
Third party websites, content and resources
Our policy regarding selling or renting of Personal Information
Banners and other advertisements
The Site may display banners and other advertisements delivered by third parties. Such third parties may collect non-Personal Information when you click or scan one of their advertisements, by placing cookies on your computer or by using other technology. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any such third parties. In addition, we may share aggregate information about our visitors to third-party ad servers or potential advertisers in order to provide advertisements on the Site about products and services that may be of interest to you.
You can opt-out from certain types of Deal emails by logging into your account and editing your preferences. You can also use the opt-out link appearing within each Deal email, which will opt you out of all Deal emails. Please note that you cannot opt-out of certain non-promotional emails from DealOn (such as information regarding your account or updates to the Site) without cancelling your account.
ACCESS AND DATA RETENTION
If you have registered for an account at the Site, you may view and update your account information at any time by logging into your account. You can also modify your Site preferences (such as opting-out from Deals) by logging into your account.
You may cancel your account, by simply logging into your account and de-selecting all deal options. Notwithstanding any cancellation of an account, DealOn will retain certain information (including Personal Information) provided to us indefinitely for the following or other lawful purposes:
Assist with investigations
Comply with legal requirements
Therefore, you should not expect that all your Personal Information will be completely removed from our databases if you cancel your account. In addition, please note that after your Personal Information is removed, there may be residual information that remains within one of our databases that may or may not contain your Personal Information, such as information that may be retained in back-up servers.
We intend to take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure your personal information. However, there is some risk in transmitting information electronically. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can be guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. By supplying us with information, you acknowledge these risks and signify that you have voluntarily chosen to provide the information despite the inherent risks involved. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your Personal Information.
If you create an account on the Site, you may be asked to choose a password for your account, in which case your online account information shall be protected by your password. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account.
21700 Oxnard Street
Woodland Hills, CA 91367